SoftPro Select 4.3 System Requirements
SoftPro Select is a multi-tiered application consisting of:
- SoftPro Select NT Services, comprised of the Select Server & Hosting Service, which are managed by the Select Administrative Console and Service.
- A Database Server that runs on Microsoft SQL Server.
- The Select Client which is the production application.
The requirements below are the minimum resources required to run our applications. Allocating more memory, processing, and disk input/output will improve software performance, especially when working with multiple files or applications simultaneously. Insufficient resources may lead to a decrease in performance.
These resources should be allotted in addition to the resource requirements of your operating system and other applications running on the machine(s) that will run our components. These requirements are subject to change without notice.
- The client machine will need to have Internet access & Internet Explorer 6 or higher to view the Start Page.
- Crystal Reports XI, Standard Edition or higher, is necessary to create custom reports.
- Microsoft Word 2003, 2007, or 2010 are necessary to create custom ReadyDocs.
- Database server can be installed on the same machine as the SoftPro Select Services, but this is not recommended for operations with greater than 25 users. A Windows domain is required if the database server is located on a separate machine.
- SoftPro highly recommends following Microsoft SQL Server best practices for capacity planning, configuration, and deployment of your SQL Server. Microsoft provides ten best practices for SQL Server storage: https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc966534.aspx. Although this article was originally published for an older version of SQL Server, these recommendations still apply to newer versions. We also recommend following SQL Server best practices provided by your server, storage, and virtualization vendors.
- Microsoft SQL Server should not be installed on an Active Directory Domain Controller. Microsoft recommends against this configuration for security and performance considerations. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2032911
- Developers may install all three tiers on a single development machine which meets the Select Client Desktop requirements.
- Data "at rest" can be encrypted using SQL Server's Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) feature. This feature is available in SQL Server Enterprise 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, and 2014.
- The .NET Framework 4.6.1 is required and will be installed with the product.